CIA Service Scholarship Program at the San Antonio Campus
Selected recipients will have the opportunity to be awarded a “Service Scholarship” each semester of their associate degree program and the “Sixth Term” for community service hours completed, in the amount of $50 per hour, at a Qualifying Organization. Service Scholarships awarded for hours completed in a semester will be applied by CIA to your student account in a subsequent semester solely to cover tuition and fees.
The Service Scholarship awarded each semester will be limited to the lesser of $4,000 or the amount of tuition and fees outstanding on your student account after all traditional financial aid has been applied.
Conditions for Eligibility for Receipt of a Service Scholarship
To be eligible for the CIA Service Scholarship Program, you must:
- Be enrolled in a qualifying associate degree program at the CIA’s San Antonio campus;
- Have filed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and all required verification documents;
- Have an Expected Family Contribution of 25,000 or less as determined by the FAFSA application;
- Completed the El Sueño application, which can be found on the CIA’s website;
- Be eligible for Federal Student Aid including loans, unless the reason you are not eligible for loans is due to you reaching your maximum borrowing limit;
- Completed the general application and the CIA Service Scholarship Program application on the CIA $hef Scholarship website; and
- Maintain a grade point average of 2.5 (for semesters subsequent to the first semester enrolled in a qualifying associate degree program).
- Candidates must also be able to pass a background check as this scholarship requires working with children.
If you have any questions regarding this scholarship program, please contact Rebecca Evans, Student Financial Planner, at email@example.com.